I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Embarrassing Moments and Failures in Life
Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 am by ASSWING

» The Art of Shipping
Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:00 am by ASSWING

» World Building: The Earth Kingdom (Forest)
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:55 am by ASSWING

» RP & Character Guidlines
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:52 am by ASSWING

» What Are You Listening To?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:52 am by ASSWING

» EFA
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:46 am by ASSWING

» World Building: Elements and Kingdoms Basis
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 pm by Flare

» General Rules & Guidelines
Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:14 am by Robin

» Rules & Guidelines/Admins
Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:57 am by Robin

Top posting users this month

What is Going On?
Currently, site building is in process. Robin is posting everywhere, and messing around with the administration panel. Because he can. And he never learned how to in the first place. ASSWING IS FUCKING STUFF UP AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN
Word Count
Words Counted: 0

All role-play posts must contain a minimum of 100 words.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 7 on Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 am
Statistics
We have 7 registered users
The newest registered user is Luna

Our users have posted a total of 225 messages in 48 subjects

World Building: The Time Kingdom (Rain)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World Building: The Time Kingdom (Rain)

Post by Robin on Tue May 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Yeah, that could be pretty cool ^.^ These two wolves, and there is this big huge convoy and everything. If one gets hurt, it could lead to an elemental war, with all the little packs within the Kingdoms thrown right inbetween them.
Robin

Zähne : 835

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on Tue May 03, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes, but I was thinking to have the Time Wolves as neutral as possible, many but a selected few being able to fight successfully. Or else they'd pretty much be overpowered. They'll be pretty scrawny, (living in the desert) compared to other wolves. A peaceful kingdom of pilgrims, and knowledge. Pretty much.
Rain

Zähne : 631

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Tue May 03, 2016 5:29 pm

I can see that, but if that were so, I think they'd have to have some sort of alliance with some other nation in order to successfully live as they do. I can imagine a few different nations who might want to take of Time lands, simply for land and to say that they have it.
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Tue May 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Its true the Time wolves are rather vulnerable to attack, especially by wolves that don't care if they're neutral/peaceful regardless.

But Time is like... a huge universal factor? I mean, come on, its Time. Maybe the Time wolves are left alone mainly due to their jobs as record keepers? Or something else? They gotta be important somehow.

Also, personally, I would find a GROUP of Time wolves to be uber powerful, if they wanted to be. I wish I had more ideas on how their powers should be implemented.
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Zähne : 788

View user profile http://wolvesofprostasia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Well... First of all, intimidation would be a fact. They appear to move faster than the naked eye. With their magical bobbles, they could create small weapons. They could somehow make their eyes glow, and forwbodingly say "You will lose this battle" or those types of things.

On attack scale... Against militaristic wolves, I don't think they'll really stand a chance. However, I imagine that one on one with the more... Lax kingdoms, I can see them as simply evading all attacks, and verbally beating other wolves into submission.

Of course, this is assuming all diplomatic tactics fail...
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on Wed May 04, 2016 3:32 am

Time wolves don't actually have a power to create material weapons. We could implement some, yes. As far as the ideas go for time wolves as of now, they seem more like gypsies than a big threat. And having a power source that nobody but them knows how to control, as well as they live in a barren landscape like a desert, I think very few kingdoms will get any special advantage for taking it.

I wasn't thinking for them to have huge walls, and dangerous paths to cross to enter the kingdom (if the desert is dangerous enough?) either. However the kingdom is very harsh when it comes to bringing huge parties of military for housing uninvited, or by surprise. If diplomatic powers does not work, they would make the stay of their "guests" as hard as possible. Limiting their food, and water sources. (So they'd more or less be hostile in a way, but try not to make it life threatening for anyone.)

Which leads me to something else. They will have some kind of oasis, of which they grow plants, herbs, and fruits. It would not hold an "above ground" water source, which is why I thought they would have collaborated with the kingdom of earth to create deep wells in the ground for water.
As for production for trade, I was kind of stuck, but I came up with the idea for linen, or silk production. That, as well as crystals found in the desert, but I don't really know. Like any predator, they do like meat high above any fruits, or vegetables, so this they will have to trade, or they can hunt for camels or something (lel).
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Wed May 04, 2016 8:17 am

Not the camels! Nooooooo!

But those sound like amazing ideas Rain! Unlike the idea of underground oasises, and the wind wolves would certainly trade for silks if they could. I could alaovseevthe space wolves trading for crystals...?
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on Wed May 04, 2016 8:22 am

Yas... While being a turd in school, I thought of something. That the crystals the Time Wolves produce are directly linked to the power source that they hold, making them glow in the night with an intensity depending on how far away from the Kingdom they are. So it could be used as some sort of compass to navigate the desert to find the quickest route to the Kingdom itself, for safety reasons or something.

The wolves would literally be walking nightlights xD
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Wed May 04, 2016 8:27 am

OMG, yes xD walking nightlights. Also very practical, as I winsome it would be difficult to navigate the desert
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Wed May 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Robin wrote:Not the camels! Nooooooo!

But those sound like amazing ideas Rain! Unlike the idea of underground oasises, and the wind wolves would certainly trade for silks if they could. I could alaovseevthe space wolves trading for crystals...?

Rain wrote:That the crystals the Time Wolves produce are directly linked to the power source that they hold, making them glow in the night with an intensity depending on how far away from the Kingdom they are.

I have the ice wolves being lovers of crystals and gems. Similar to what Rain said, they believe that certain types of gems can heighten elemental/mental acuity. They don't have many natural gems in their area, so they often trade things for them from other kingdoms. For instance, one kingdom can have a lot of natural sapphire, while another land can specialize in opal. Things like that.

The thing Ice wolves DO have are Ice Crystals-- never melting ice in intricate designs and colors. They will often use these as substitutes for real gems. Since only Ice wolves are able to make them, this is what they use to trade for most of their resources.

But I probably shouldn't talk about Ice here... wrong topic... xD
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Zähne : 788

View user profile http://wolvesofprostasia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain on Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Nah fam. It's fine. That's actually great info. Quartz fits with sandy places, as they are used as metaphors for dusty/dirty things. Imagine a ruffled wolf, filled with sand. That's pretty much what I had in mind, at least. Whetever the Time Kingdom were to specialize in gems or not, I have not thought about. Maybe if no other Kingdom takes it? Heu.

I just want to put some heavy weight on their historical records and knowledge, and their little want for actual power. I don't necessarily want them to be extremely sophisticated, but the pilgrims are taught exactly how to act in certain situations. Like, what sort of manners they should have when they enter the different kingdoms, and so on.
I also wanted them to be a extremely hospitable towards visitors, even when they show up out of nowhere, they'll be like an old grandma recieving visitors.
Rain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Wed May 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Grandma wolves... Force feed them grandchildren.

"Are you sure you aren't hungry? Are you sure? ARE YOY SURE?"
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top