I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Embarrassing Moments and Failures in Life
Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 am by ASSWING

» The Art of Shipping
Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:00 am by ASSWING

» World Building: The Earth Kingdom (Forest)
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:55 am by ASSWING

» RP & Character Guidlines
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:52 am by ASSWING

» What Are You Listening To?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:52 am by ASSWING

» EFA
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:46 am by ASSWING

» World Building: Elements and Kingdoms Basis
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 pm by Flare

» General Rules & Guidelines
Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:14 am by Robin

» Rules & Guidelines/Admins
Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:57 am by Robin

Top posting users this month

What is Going On?
Currently, site building is in process. Robin is posting everywhere, and messing around with the administration panel. Because he can. And he never learned how to in the first place. ASSWING IS FUCKING STUFF UP AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN
Word Count
Words Counted: 0

All role-play posts must contain a minimum of 100 words.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 7 on Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 am
Statistics
We have 7 registered users
The newest registered user is Luna

Our users have posted a total of 225 messages in 48 subjects

World Building: Elements and Kingdoms Basis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Building: Elements and Kingdoms Basis

Post by Thunder-Paws on Mon May 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Welcome to the first site discussion on World Building! This topic will feature the ten Elemental Kingdoms, and how they will play a part in our world.

This is the original chat that started the whole thing. It is a lot to read, I'm sorry.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler:
First off, I want to have a map of the world. It will be a random continent on a random planet/earth-like reality. Instead of humans (dem bishes won't exist), wolves are the dominant species. They will be more "advanced", meaning our wolves will be able to use tools, wear kick ass accessories, and build structures. This is all thanks to the use of elemental abilities and other magical excuses.

The continent and or world will have countries/territories much like our reality, and will be known as the "Kingdoms". The ten Elemental Kingdoms, to be exact.

Hundreds, if not thousands of other wolf settlements exist as well (like our pack), but think of them as the many "towns" or "villages" that reside in the occupied country/territory of a specific kingdom. Most packs are left alone by the main "homeland or city" of the kingdoms, but some may be under direct control of a kingdom, and are referred to as "colonies". Colonies are typically used for military, food, or resource production/harvesting reasons.

Our pack is one of the few that reside on neutral ground, or land not yet occupied by any of the ten kingdoms, so just ignore our involvement in these things for now.

But back to Kingdoms! Think of it like this if you're confused. Think of Germany. Germany is the "Kingdom". Berlin is the "center" of that kingdom. The main city, and where the government is located. Other towns and cities (other packs) within Germany are under jurisdiction of its rules and government, but still remain largely independent. Unless they're used for a specific purpose such as stated above (a colony).

What I want to do is develop each elemental kingdom into having unique diversities and traits. I also want them to be based on the symbolical traits of the element they represent. And not just personality. I mean everything.

OH, and I forgot to add that the cultures can be either based on real cultures of today, or be completely fictional.

One thing I want to point out is that "Kyklos Prostasia" is Greek. Turns out Tsuki based a lot of LOTE on the Greek language. For that reason many of the "words" we'll use will be Greek based.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Elements. I have a bit of history for ya. First off, the elements did not start all at once. There was once a time where the world was without elemental magic, where wolves were just regular wolves.

That changed with the arrival of the first elements-- Sun and Moon. These were the first Kyklos, deities with immense power. I won't go into detail regarding too much elemental history, so for now just know that a lot of SHIT went down during this time.

Around 100 years after said shit went down, the two great beings gave life to four new beings of great power. The Sun birthed the Kyklos of of Air and Fire, while the Moon gave life to Water and Earth.

I say this based on Negative and Positive energy, or Hot and Cold energy (based on classical Greek science) A simple explanation of this would be that Fire and Air are positive/hot elements (the Sun), and Earth and Water are negative/cold elements (the Moon). However, there are much deeper meanings that provide my reasons to this too, but you get the gist.

Lightning and Ice don't technically have a place in any astrological or the Greek conception of the universe type stuff, but I think I made them work quite well.

After another period of intense shit (around 100-150 years), the Kyklos of Fire and Wind created the Kyklos of Lightning, and the Kyklos of Earth and Water created the Kyklos of Ice.

Both Lightning and Ice share traits of both their parents, so it fits.

Time and Space are the oddities in all this. They are wild card elements that mysteriously appeared in the midst of history. No one really knows their true origins, just like the elements they represent.

Again, I won't go into detail as to everything that happened during the development of the elemental powers. That is early early history that doesn't need to be made right now. Just know that the kingdoms of today were made due to a shared history of their represented Kyklos.

Also, it was the kyklos that shifted the land into today's territories of the kingdoms. For that reason (magical reasons) the land we live on can have biomes that don't really... abide by the rules. We can have a tundra in one place then a desert in the next. ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

What we need to do is create the ten kingdoms based on the traits of the elements they represent. That's the short end.

What I am hoping to do is create topics for each of the ten Kingdoms. From there, we may discuss and share ideas of what each one should be like. If possible, people may "adopt" a kingdom and be the main responsibility for its creation, taking in ideas from other people if necessary.

The responsibility of being in charge of an elemental kingdom is a big one, so its not requirement to do it. However, it is appreciated for ideas (no matter how small) to be expressed.

If you are interested in being "in charge" of an elemental kingdom, please say so and the reigns will be handed over to you. It is your responsibility to keep everyone updated on the specified thread you will find in this category. Others will offer up their ideas as well, which will be your job to listen to.

-Current Positions-

Sun Kingdom- Thundo Puffs

Moon Kingdom- Um...

Fire Kingdom- Robin

Earth Kingdom- Forest

Air Kingdom- Robin COMPLETE

Water Kingdom- Robin COMPLETE

Lightning Kingdom- March

Ice Kingdom- Thundo Puffs COMPLETE

Space Kingdom- Robin

Time Kingdom- Rain

The following is meant to offer up ideas. First, the link http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map provides excellent examples of what the Kingdoms should be like. Notice how each land is based on the traits of their respective elements.

Also, some things to think of are Land, Culture, Politics, Foreign Relationships, Leadership, Occupations, Social Structure, Personalities of Natives (wolves that live in the kingdom), Clothing, Architecture, Design, and anything else you can think of.

*Note that the following descriptions are how I personally find each element. I find that these are the most accurate portrayals due to research I've conducted. Others may use this as a guideline into creating a Kingdom of their choosing, but it is not a requirement to follow these descriptions.

Sun: A Positive, Hot element
A combination of light and fire: Bold, individualist, enjoys being the center of attention, radiant, seeker of knowledge, philosopher, pursuer of truth, charismatic.

Moon: A Negative, Cold element
A combination of water and shadows: Deeply intuitive, pursuer of the unknown, mysterious, thoughtful, emotional, dreamer.

Fire: A Positive, Hot and Dry element
Active, energetic, volatile, adventurous, impulsive, charming, confident, daring.

Air: A positive, Hot and Wet element
Adaptable, sociable, open-minded, witty, intelligent, independent, creative, aloof.

Earth: A negative, Cold and Dry element
Stable, dependable, honest, traditional, dislikes change, consistent, resistant .

Lightning: A Positive, Hot element
Quick, intuitive, ambitious, adaptable, intellectual, creative, independent, arrogant, prideful, rebellious, insensitive

Ice: A Negative, Cold element
Calm, factual, observant, analytical, not very progressive or creative, sees things how it is, organized, efficient, quiet, sarcastic, enduring, emotional, but hides it under a hard shell.

Space:
Mysterious, unfocused, dreamer, quiet, introvert, full of surprises, varies largely in personality and appearance based on spacial concept (ex. star, void, plasma, dark matter, etc).

Time:
Observant, act older than they are, never forget, responsible, introvert, independent, calculates all options carefully, not risk takers.

Last edited by Thunder-Paws on Thu May 12, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Zähne : 820

View user profile http://wolvesofprostasia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: World Building: Elements and Kingdoms Basis

Post by Thunder-Paws on Mon May 02, 2016 11:46 pm

So I realize some of the kingdoms are still open despite some people wanting to claim ownership of them. I decided to keep a limit of owing two kingdoms at a time. If you wish to own more, finish the ones you have first. *cough cough Robin*
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Mon May 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Shhh... in that one section, must all that specific information be included? You're making it seem like a homework assignment when you put it like that... XD
Robin

Zähne : 867

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Tue May 03, 2016 12:01 am

Whatever are you referring to? What must I fix, my child?

I am not good at "getting straight to the point"
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Tue May 03, 2016 12:03 am

@Thunder-Paws wrote:The land... Where do they live? What does the landscape consist of? Prey/creatures? Weather? Resources? Origin history?
The Capital... What does the main homeland look like? Architecture? Design? Class system? Job system? Laws? Specialties?
The Natives... What does the average native look like? Main personality traits? What do they do? What do they think?
The Leadership... How is the kingdom run? Who leads? What qualities do they value?
The Relationships... How do they get along with other kingdoms? War history? Alliances and trade? Enemies?

This part. All I can think is some horrible writing assignment XD
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Tue May 03, 2016 12:06 am

But this is a writing assignment ✍(◔◡◔)

I GUESS I'll delete it
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Tue May 03, 2016 12:07 am

Noooooo! Don't make it essay-like bro! That's just horrible!

I'm not saying you have to delete, but it's good information to have. I'd just put a... more general outline there. As more kingdom bios are posted, requirements and commonalities will pop put to others creating them.
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Tue May 03, 2016 12:32 am

Well, I can post my ice kingdom example later, and yours already follows what is expected, so others can look at yours too.

I think we all get the basics of what needs done though, based on what I've already seem from you and March.: D
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Tue May 03, 2016 12:34 am

Yeah XD Mine keeps evolving too, as I find need for other things too. I should hopefully have this done by the end of the night tomorrow, if not tonight.
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ASSWING on Thu May 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Maybe I'll take another one so we get this set up faster... Um... Fire maybe? xD
ASSWING

Zähne : 676

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 pm

MATE I AM HALF DONE WITH FIRE I SWEAR TO GOD
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Thu May 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Forest wrote:Maybe I'll take another one so we get this set up faster... Um... Fire maybe? xD

@Robin wrote:MATE I AM HALF DONE WITH FIRE I SWEAR TO GOD

I have not been keeping this up to date; it is fixed now...

All of the kingdoms are owned by someone, but you can still share as many ideas/opinions as you wish. You just won't be making the final copy. UNLESS Robin wishes to ease the load off of kingdoms such as Space and Moon.  
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ASSWING on Thu May 12, 2016 8:26 pm

You ain't done with me though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
ASSWING

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Fri May 13, 2016 8:22 pm

I swear if this site ever takes off we are all going to look back at the things we first posted and slowly die inside.
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ASSWING on Fri May 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Please keep swearing to a minimum
ASSWING

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:16 am

@Thunder-Paws wrote:I swear if this site ever takes off we are all going to look back at the things we first posted and slowly die inside.

WHY WOULD YOU MENTION THIS

Also, this is what the deeleeettteee button is fooorrrr
Robin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:59 am

I see all the kingdoms have not finished. And I am sorry I haven't posted I forgot what the site link was anyway if you all are still around! And wanna roleplay again me and some friends made a wolf rp site here is the link.
http://seaside-isle-pack.forumotion.com/

Check it out. Cyrax is Maui and I am Moana xD also i got thundera to join and she is Malika!
Flare

Zähne : 553

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by March on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 am

YO. UH. Idk what the other people's thoughts about the site right now, but I do know that they are pretty busy. Work and education and such. I'm actually quite glad you're still sometimes around and hadn't forgotten about this site yet. Sorry for the lack of activity. If you want, you can join skype and talk to us.

March

Zähne : 683

View user profile http://landoftheelements.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:27 pm

I am surprised you still check this place out, Flare. It makes me happy.. xD Honestly, I don't know when this place (or IF) will be worked on. It is still very much on the back of everyone's minds. It is like March said. We're older now and we have jobs and school and all sorts of things getting in the way. That and just general procrastination. We all have a skype chat, so if you ever want to join us, feel free! ^.^ We're not lazy there.
Thunder-Paws
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 pm

True I understand that even me and Cyrax get busy with our college lives and work. :/ adulating isn't fun but ehh XD lol and sure.
Flare

Zähne : 553

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top